Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Writing Anyway

As you can see I posted two poems I wrote several years ago for a creative writing class. The point of that was to prove to myself that, without a doubt, (I think) I'm ready to start writing again. Not just this blog, but other, more important things. I stopped writing when someone who I thought had my back let me down. He told me that even if I were talented, I could never actually succeed in writing, so I should just give up and save myself the trouble.

I can't just give up. I care too much about finishing something that I've been writing since I was sixteen. When someone tells me that I can't do it, that even if I had talent I will still inevitibly fail, I want to be able to say, "I'm going to do what I want regardless of your bordering-on-incompetent opinion." So, I'm going to try to do that. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment: